Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Review: Because of Miss Bridgerton

Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
(Rokesbys #1)
 Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published March 29th 2016 by Avon


Because of Miss Bridgerton.... 
I smiled-- grumpy ol' reader of serious books that I am-- after an annoying bout on the phone with insurance reps.
Because of Miss Bridgerton...
I laughed out loud-- in several places-- and the dog tilted her head to say, "what's up?"
Because of Miss Bridgerton...
I brought the Kindle to bed to finish the last few chapters despite a wearying day of cleaning out a few closets.
Because of Miss Quinn...
I may have discovered another genre to fall back on when my dark mysteries start to drag me down

It's light, it's fluffy, it's not earth-shattering, nor did I learn a history lesson, but I had fun...and I rate my books based on *my enjoyment* not on whether the masses will enjoy it, so this one got top honors from me. 

Thanks, Miss Bridgerton-- Billie-- such a delightfully strong-willed and funny MC ...and thank you Miss Quinn for your creativity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!