Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Weekly Book News


 Yay for another great week of reading! Somehow, despite-- or because of-- the utter chaos that is my house, now that we are packing boxes and moving them into the garage, which needs to be organized also, I'm enjoying all my reads and grabbing my time when I can. I usually read every night for about 3 hours, but now I'm carrying my Paperwhite around for those unexpected moments of downtime

As mentioned during the week, I relented and joined NetGalley again because I need to slow down on the e-book buying, read my own titles, put more library books on hold, and visit the Friends of the Library used bookstore more. Anyway, for now I have control over my NG addiction and am not requesting too many more than what I'm reviewing. Have to watch the publication date though; some of the new titles I received don't release for a month or so and I want to read them now :) Maybe I will...

Read-- linked to my reviews:
  1. Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn (Rokesbys #1)
  2. The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter NG
  3. A Merciful Truth by Kendra Elliot (Mercy Kilpatrick #2) NG


Currently reading: 
The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka (Roxane Weary #1) NG new to me author

Received from NetGalley for future reading: 
1. The Right Side by Spencer Quinn-- new to me author
2. The Truth We Bury by Barbara Taylor Sissel-- enjoy this author
3. Close to Home by Robert Dugoni (Tracy Crosswhite #5)-- enjoy this series!
4. When We Were Worthy by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen-- new to me author



My own books recently acquired:
1. Pane and Suffering by Cheryl Hollon (Webb's Glass Shop Mystery #1): pub. 2015 Backlist Challenge in mind
2. The Pelican Brief by John Grisham: pub. 1992 Backlist Challenge in mind {my son's book; he's reading it now}
3. Past Crimes by Glen Erik Hamilton (Van Shaw #1): pub. 2015 Backlist Challenge in mind

I joined Lark for this challenge...
@ The Bookwyrm's Hoard


Enjoy your week... stay calm and read a book!
note: Apologies to many of my bookish friends, whose blogs I haven't been visiting or commenting on. Apparently my Spam Folder was just full up with unread messages from 9-10 bloggers I'd signed up to follow! And... they were all WP folks, so I must have something clicked wrong somewhere. I realize now that you really were posting new things that I missed out on, or subscription links that I didn't get to activate! This makes me really annoyed, but problem solved, so I'm going to stay calm... and read a book, of course!


Weekend linking to:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!