This post is pre-scheduled to link up to Kathryn's Month in Review, with the last book added as a tweak. I'm still packing, stressing, cleaning, stressing.... and oh yea, reading up a storm! It's great for calming that pesky stress!
Paging Through Books in June 2017-
A Month in Review
Reading can make time fly too; you get engrossed in a book and suddenly you're late for work or school, dinner is burning on the stove, or it's way past the time you planned on going to sleep.
Here are the titles I read in June, all of them good, some very good; all are 4/5- 5/5 stars I rated on GR. Add them to your TBR list, crack open a new book or two or three, and before you know it we'll be reading Christmas stories again :) !
This was my best reading month all year and of the last couple of years, too. In my 6+ years of blogging, I would say that I only duplicated this rate of reading (and reviewing so many of them, to boot!) less than 3 or 4 times, for sure! I consistently read 2- 2 1/2 books a week and review one of them, possibly 2... unless I get in a major slump, or am involved with vacation/company/illness, then it's even less.
The stars aligned, or more probably... I made some really great selections from NetGalley... I was motivated to read & review them before I moved so I could concentrate on my September requests when we get there... I double-downed on two fave authors, Nora Roberts and Lisa Scottoline to ensure my pleasure... and most of the others were repeat & enjoyed authors. And the nonfiction essay book by Scottoline was such a quick (but fun) read that I finished it up pronto! Miss Bridgerton was an easy read and done in one afternoon also. So... how'd I do?
my choice of genre cubby-holes:
general fiction: 1
romantic suspense: 1
historical romance: 1
"women's" contemporary fiction: 3
new to me authors: 5/13 titles
male to female ratio: 2:11 authors
part of a series?: 6/13 books
NetGalley titles: 10/13 titles
recommend? 13/13 of them!
favorite (s) of the month:
Come Sundown by Nora Roberts
-Because of Miss Bridgerton
-I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool
READ & REVIEWED
~hope you get a chance to pick up at least a couple of these this summer~
- A Merciful Truth- Kendra Elliot
- The Weight of Lies-Emily Carpenter
- Because of Miss Bridgerton- Julia Quinn- not reviewed, not NG
- The Last Place You Look- Kristen Lepionka
- The Right Side- Spencer Quinn
- When We Were Worthy- Marybeth Whalen Turner- (review to come near release)
- UNSUB- Meg Gardiner
- Stars of Fortune- Nora Roberts- not reviewed, not NG
- Come Sundown- Nora Roberts- not reviewed, not NG
- One Perfect Lie- Lisa Scottoline
- In This Moment- Karma Brown
- Paradise Valley- C.J. Box
- I Need A Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool- Lisa Scottoline & Francesca Serritella